Sunday 20 January 2013

14 Jan - 21 Jan

Swim

 2 sessions
Time: 1:45.00
Distance: 5,000 m

Run

  4 sessions
Time: 2:04.00
Distance: 6.6 miles
Run 1 - 4.4 miles, 29.35
Run 2 - 2 miles, 13.56 
Run 3 - 2.2 miles, 13.40
Run 4 - 11.2 miles, 1:22.45

Cycling

 0 sessions

Week Totals

 6 sessions
Time: 03:49.00
Distance: 23.1 miles

Like most people, my training this week was pretty badly affected by the snow - especially bike training.  My turbo setup is out of action at the moment, so I did no bike training this week, a little frustrating.  However, I had two good swim sessions and a good run week.  In particular, my long run this week was a success.  I tucked my Garmin into a back pocket and just ran around a route I knew to be around 11miles.  I kept the pace conversational and didn't go too hard on any of the hills, but managed a comfortable 7:20min/mile pace for the whole thing.  It's a good sign for the half-marathon I've signed up for at the end of March - I hope to go under 1hr30.  

If the snow eases off, next week I'd really like to get out on the bike properly.  I also need to start putting some more miles in on my Tri bike - something I've said before!

This week I've been reminiscing a little and listening to...

No comments:

Post a Comment