Thursday 4 October 2012

I still have a plan....just a slightly different plan...

So after getting some great feedback on my proposed winter training plan, I've slightly altered my plan to this....

                                       AM                                                 PM
Monday                           Swim                                            Run #1
Tuesday                                                                              Run #2
Wednesday                      Swim                                        Bike Ride # 1
Thursday                                                                             Run #3
Friday                             Swim                                            
Saturday                         Run #4                                     Turbo Session
Sunday                        Bike Ride #2                             Stretching/Massage


Run #1 = Longer sets of intervals (100m, 1200m, 1600m)
Run #2 = LSR of up to 11-12miles, done at a "comfortable" pace which will allow me to build time on my feet
Run #3 = Tempo run of 5-7miles
Run #4 = Threshold run, along the lines of 1mile WU, 3miles at threshold, 1mile WD

Swim sessions will be following the Swim Smooth Level 3 Olympic plan (approx 3100m a session, mix of technique, endurance and speed work)

Turbo session will be concentrating on VO2Max sort of efforts, done on TT bike.
Bike Ride #1 is a threshold session with the Club I ride with (Kingston Wheelers)
Bike Ride #2 will be a solo ride on my TT bike done at pace, but a touch easier than #1.

Days aren't fixed at all, week by week my run and bike schedule will change dependent on when rides are going out, the weather forecast, my Uni timetable etc. etc.  The swims are pretty much set.

This plan has a lot more intensity, but should bring my fitness along nicely.  I'll be following this plan until Jan/Feb when I'll lose the longer run.  It'll probably be replaced with a threshold bike session of some sort - either another turbo session or a session such as 2x20min on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment