Wednesday 10 October 2012

The Reasoned Decision

"This document, therefore, sets forth USADA’s reasoned decision describing evidence of Mr. Armstrong’s rule violations....the 'Reasoned Decision'."

George Hincapie's affidavit is very telling...
96.  In making this statement I have endeavored above all things to be truthful and accurate.  Although I know that my testimony is painful for some, including myself, it is not made with animosity and, in fact, is made with some regret.
97.  While I ultimately came to the conclusion that I needed to be fully truthful and transparent with USADA, I continue to hold many with whom I cycled, including Lance Armstrong, in very high regard.
98.  I continue to regard Lance Armstrong as a great cyclist, and I continue to be proud to be his friend and to have raced with him for many years.
99.  I have witnessed many important things that Lance has done for his fellow man through battling cancer and being a role model for many.  My testimony is not intended to take away from, or diminish those things.
100.  Lance and I, and our teammates, raced on the Motorola Team and on the US Postal Service Team and on the Discovery Channel Team during a time period when our sport was inundated with performance enhancing drugs.  The doping controls were not very good and we came to believe that we needed to use banned substances to compete at the very highest levels.
 101.  While I understand that the choices we made were wrong, I understand why we made them and why, at the time, we felt justified in making them.  I do not condemn Lance for making those choices and I do not wish to be condemned for the choices I made.


No comments:

Post a Comment